As a Canada Post Expert Partner we process tens of millions of mail pieces that of course, come from hundreds of millions of data records. We understand the value of a clean, standardized and validated list. It is not well known that Canada Post has a penalty charge for mailings under 95% accuracy, all mailings must be accompanied by a Validation report that is only good for a limited amount of time, never more than 31 days.
It is not well known that Canada Post has a penalty charge for mailings under 95% accuracy.
How will Database Management Improve My List?
At DE Mailing we offer many data services and our expert team will work with you to ensure you save the utmost possible on your mailing using one or more of the following services.
Duplicate Identification (Merge/Purge)
We can identify and remove duplicate records based on several criteria:
- One per person per address
- One per address
- One per family (last name) per address
- One per company
Priorities can also be set on duplicates, to keep whichever record you wish. For example, we can keep a Patient record over a Donor record, a Female record over a Male record, or records that have the most complete information.
Our software can also remove records that do not wish to be mailed. If you maintain an internal suppression list, or wish to remove records found on the CMA’s Do Not Mail Service, we can quickly identify and remove these records.
Note: 2-20% of your records are likely to be identified as duplicates.
Address Validation & Correction
In most cases this improves lists dramatically and we often see improvements of 20% to 40%
Additionally while performing address accuracy we can correct the casing of the address, convert French areas to the correct language and add accents.
Note: This is a standard service performed on all mailing lists entrusted to DE Mailing.
- Are your customers, subscribers, or donors still living where they were when you added them to your mailing list?
- Statistics show that 20% of the Canadian population and businesses move each year; are you positive that you are still reaching your target?
- With the cost of creative, print, mailing and postage can you afford to have a portion of your mail recycled by an incorrect recipient?
Get access to 72 months’ (6 years) worth of the most accurate mover information available – including residential and business moves and deceased estates. We can also process at the same time against the Canadian Marketing Associations “Do Not Mail” list if requested. Our master NCOA database is updated monthly, so we recommend using this service frequently.
Note: For the next mailing, after the NCOA, ask for a “Return postage guaranteed“ postage indicia on your envelope. Canada Post will return undeliverable mail to you. This will catch those people who have moved, but did not use the CPC Address Forwarding program and haven’t provided a new address, allowing you to update your database.
Some examples of businesses who use Geocoding:
- Direct marketing companies can target marketing campaigns and analyze response rates
- Insurance companies can better understand risk; costs/competitive prices vary by location
- Utility companies to map their assets
- Real Estate companies to map their properties, analyze customer demographics and forecast trends and long term planning within the market activity
- Retail companies analyze customer demographics, and tailor specific advertising to a geographical area
- Health care professionals to better allocate resources based on demographics
- Telecommunication companies to plot signal coverage
Geographic location is a significant marketing element for many businesses. Contact us to learn more.
Such personalization typically results in increased response rates. Gender is often an important demographic and will allow you to filter and analyze your data identifying new opportunities for your marketing campaigns.
B2B Data for Business Lists
Maximize your direct mail efforts with quality business mailing lists from the industry’s best B2B list database. Easily pinpoint the business leads most likely to buy your products or services.
1.5 million Canadian Business on file, Employee size, SIC code and Title
B2B Data for Consumer Lists
Increase sales and boost response rates for your direct marketing efforts with direct mail lists that target the best consumer prospects for your products or services. Build custom lists of sales leads using a full range of criteria.
12 million Canadian Consumers on file, name address, phone number along with last name tables and purchasing behaviors.
Speak to a Direct Mail Marketing Expert
Contact one of our Direct Mail Marketing Experts to make the most of your database.
Access to the most recent product & service offerings from Canada Post and SAVINGS of up to 24% on your next Unaddressed Admail communication.